5 Steps to Changing Your Lifestyle Appetite
Once you realize that your appetite has changed. These steps will help you live happier and healthier and a way that pleases God.
1. Give “that thing” to God and open your heart up to him. Allow him to complete the work he began in you. He is a gentlemen, he won’t come in and have his way until you open the door and allow him in. At that point he will begin to break the harden pieces of you up and do a divine renovation/remodeling and spring cleaning.
2. Change your circle of influence (friendships) – develop positive relationships with others that are doing what you want to do. Birds of a feather flock together and at this point you are not strong enough to rub off on them. Be around friends who will pull you up and if they are pulling you up, they should be stronger than you and more mature.
3. Stay before God in prayer. This change will be hard because you are changing from the familiar to the unfamiliar. There will be times you want to revert because your flesh is no longer having fun. Change hurts but after you work at it for a while, your body becomes accustomed to that new way of living. It’s similar to muscle memory, if you do it enough it becomes a part of you. If it was easy, everyone would do it. But you are the called out, the chosen people; He has already equipped you.
4. Open your heart to new things. Begin to try new things and live according to the word. Get comfortable being uncomfortable. This is a time of stretching and stretching is painful but it opens you up to do things that you could never do before and it allows you to go places you never would go. Trying new things breaks down the walls of limitations and pushes past what you can see.
5. Stop going back to the places he delivered you from. Stop pat-a-caking with the devil. He does not like you and he only wants to bring harm. Going back to where God has brought you from will open you up to spirits and demons, seven times stronger. Meaning that to come out again will require more work and more time. Either be hot or cold, God dislikes anything lukewarm.
Change of Appetite Prayer
Father in the name of Jesus, I want to say thank you for all you have done and all that you are. Lord I thank you for being God. Lord I know you only want, what’s best for me therefore I give up my will to embrace yours. I exchange my desires, will and emotions for yours. God change my appetite so I only want what you want for me. God give me the grace to love what you love and to hate what you hate. Lord separate me from the people and environments that I am allowing to keep me stagnate. Lord I give you my desire to (have/be) ______ (insert what you are struggling with) and I ask you Lord to help me overcome. Take the taste out of my mouth and fill it with the things of you. God apart from you I can do nothing. And God for the things I do not want to give up, give me the strength to let it go. Show me the errors of my ways and expose anything in me that does not please you. Lord help me to see what you want me to see and help me to live how you want me to live. Lord your word says that I should not be conformed to any patterns of this world but transformed by the renewing of my mind. Help me not to be conformed and wash me with your word Lord until I am clean. God help me to guard my eyes so that I do not set any worthless thing before them and help me to keep my flesh under subjection, where I am submitting to your will fully. God keep me close to you until everything that is keeping me bound is broken off of me. I receive the Holy Spirit now because he is the only one who can help guide me into all wisdom, all knowledge and all truth. Holy Spirit you are welcome and you are free to have your way. God I want to change and I will cooperate with you so I can be who you have called me to be. Amen.